OT: Buyer Beware

jcoyle at iinet.net.au jcoyle at iinet.net.au
Wed Apr 17 01:25:07 EDT 2019

In the late 80's I had a Chrysler Galant (not sure if there was an American equivalent), small 4-door, manual gearbox vehicle.  As I was driving into the sixth floor office car park, I heard a 'ping' noise from under the car and the clutch pedal went down to the floor.  Turned out the clutch cable had separated from the gearbox at the gearbox end: result was I got the new part and spent six hours under the car in the dark car park before I could replace it, threading it through the bulkhead and finding it seemed to be 2cms. too short!
Like Paul, anything wrong now it goes to the dealer's workshop... I'm too creaky to mess with that sort of stuff now.

John in Brisbane