OT, looking for some GB travel advice for a couple of friends

Bob Pdml pdmlbw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 16:05:03 EDT 2019

If they're in that area they should also visit Wells., which is still medieval, and Britain's smallest city. http://www.visitwellssomerset.co.uk/

Stonehenge too, of course.

There's so much good food in London it can be impossible to choose and you end up eating McDonalds... I would recommend a visit to Brick Lane in London, where there are hundreds of excellent Indian (Bangladeshi really) restaurants, as well as numerous other types of restaurant in nearby Spitalfields. Upmarket Indian eating is available at Cafe Spice Namaste.
https://www.cafespice.co.uk/

A site worth visiting in that area if they can get to it is Denis Severs House:
https://www.dennissevershouse.co.uk/

There is a cluster of good restaurants in and around Smithfield, Clerkenwell and Farringdon, where I work, including Michelin-starred Club Gascon and its baby brother Comptoir Gascon. They also have a place on nearby Chancery Lane called Cigalon.
http://www.cigalon.co.uk/
http://www.clubgascon.com/about.php
http://www.comptoirgascon.com/

On Clerkenwell Road and Saint John's Square there are several good but not Michelin-standard eateries, including, if they can find it (on Jerusalem Passage), the ever-popular-with-PDMLers Dovetail. http://dovepubs.com/aboutdovetail/

A short walk away you have St John, another Michelin place famous for "nose-to-tail eating": https://stjohnrestaurant.com/a/restaurants/smithfield , and Hix Oyster and Chop House: https://www.hixrestaurants.co.uk/menu/hix-oyster-chop-house/

Then there's the other 50,000,000 streets of London... Whereabouts in London are they staying?