OT, looking for some GB travel advice for a couple of friends

Godfrey DiGiorgi godfreydigiorgi at me.com
Tue Apr 16 15:52:25 EDT 2019

If you're in the Cotswolds and going to Avebury, up the Fossway there's a Roman Villa that's worth a visit. In the general area, there's a wonderful earthworks called "Maiden's Castle" that's worth a half day hike, and of course there's the huge Uffington White Horse and the walk along the ridge above it, including a Neolithic burial site called Waylen's Smithy (the model that JRR Tolkien used for the Barrow Downs in Lord of the Rings...).