GESO Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris.

Paul Stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Tue Apr 16 15:12:11 EDT 2019

I’m catholic only by birth not by practice, but watching Notre Dame burn last night was crushing. I immediately recalled how I was overwhelmed by the majesty and history of this ancient cathedral when I visited it on a spring afternoon in 2003. Extending a business trip by a day, I wandered the streets of Paris with my Leica iiif RD and Summicron 50/2 Collapsible, alternately shooting tribute-x and Portra 400. I had the color neg film loaded when I stopped in the cathedral and captured a few images as best I could, given the faded mirror of my Leica and the dim lighting. Yesterday, I wondered what had become of those images. I found an envelope that contained the negatives and camera store prints and scanned a few of the negatives. Today, I assembled a small gallery. https://www.photo.net/gallery/1109648#//Sort-Newest/All-Categories/All-Time/Page-1