GESO: Spring Magnolias

Daniel J. Matyola danmatyola at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 12:46:05 EDT 2019

Thanks, Alan.

The blooms are large and quite spectacular.  I have 5 magnolias on my
property.  These blooms are from the older, larger trees on the edge of the
woods bordering our lot.  They lose all their leaves over the winter, and
then all the blossoms come out in early spring, before the leaves.  I have
another that never loses its leaves, and has two or three blossoms at a
time throughout the spring and summer.  I also have two newer and smaller
trees that lose their leaves over winter and have single blooms from time
to time over the late spring and summer.  All are interesting and
attractive, but the most spectacular is the sudden appearance of abundant
blossoms all over the larger trees every spring.

Dan Matyola