Lightroom performance

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sat Apr 13 03:13:52 EDT 2019

Several years ago I needed to split up my lightroom catalog, primarily
into "everything" and "working", because trying to get things done in
the everything catalog was too slow to be practical.

I'm not certain, but I think that the performance doesn't deteriorate by
the number of photos, but by the number of collections.

There does not, however, seem to be any efficient way of doing
maintenance on the collection list.  It does seem to help to remove the
photos from a large collection before deleting that collection.

I suspect that the problem has to do with when you do something to a
photo, you then have to go and look at all of the collections it is in
and modify something there. Similarly, if you delete a collection you
have to go through and check all of the photos it is in.

--
Larry Colen           LRC at red4est.com          http://red4est.com/lrc
https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/collections/72157612824732477/