PESO Nocturnal Mission

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Thu Apr 4 02:34:07 EDT 2019

Rick Womer wrote on 4/3/19 6:43 PM:
> Better than the original, which was very good.  I think it would benefit from a bit more counterclockwise rotation.

Thank you Rick.

I have a question about your suggestion.  In this edit, the horizon is
horizontal and the edge of the building closest to the center of the
frame is vertical. The apparent twist to the right on the left edge of
the screen is all distortion due to the 15mm lens.

To reduce that distortion I could rotate everything counterclockwise,
which would mess up the horizon.  I could also crop off the left side,
or possibly left and bottom of the frame. I've already maxed out the
distortion correction slider in lightrooom, so far as I understand it to
work.

Would it be improved more by rotating it and messing up the horizon, or
by cropping off the more troublesome bit of the building?  My initial
thought was that the the leftmost arch or two added enough to the
composition to make up for the distortion and that the crooked horizon
was worse than the distortion.  However, I'm very prepared to take
feedback from people who can look at the photo more objectively.

    Larry