GESO: Bald Eagles at Shelley Lake

John jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Mon Apr 1 14:40:04 EDT 2019

> I made a small gallery in Flickr.
>
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/albums/72157706283448271

I've added a few more photos to the album, including one that shows both parents
perched above the nest.

I dug out my "Bigma". I've always been slightly disappointed in it. It seemed
just a tad too soft last time I used it (with the K20D - never tried it with the
K-3), but it worked well enough this time. Image quality is acceptable.

My lust for a SMC Pentax-F 600 f/4 or SMC Pentax-FA 600 f/4 has been rekindled
if anyone has one for sale and is willing to take American Express**.

Looks like I need to review a tutorial on color grading to get all the images to
have the the same quality. After I've done that, I'll probably replace the
images in the album.

This has been a fairly cool experience. The nest is less than seven miles from
my house, so it's been easy to get to since I figured out where to park.

And it's been the most visible nest of all the ones I know about around area
lakes. I'm not having to point the camera up too much to get a good image. But
the best part has been all the other people I've met while out there to
photograph the nest.

** Looks like American Express will work with PayPal.