Peso: Two more from Wilson Creek

Bill anotherdrunkensot at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 20:54:32 EDT 2018

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/wilson/wilson20184.html

K1, A* 85/1.4 @ f5.6 18 exposure stack at 15 sec/exposure.

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrphoto/wilson/wilson20186.html

K1, D FA* 50/1.4 @ f5.6 20 exposure stack at 1/6 second per exposure.

My goal with these pictures was to try, to a certain extent, to emulate
what I used to be able to do so easily with 4x5 film, which was get
really deep depth of field along with tremendous detail, while at the
same time introducing sufficient blur into the moving water to turn it
to milk.

To get this result, I needed to shoot at the best aperture and then
stack the images, and use multi stop neutral density filters to expand
the exposures out. I decided to throw the polarizer on mostly to see
what it would do.

This was the sort of thing I would have done with Ilford Pan-F rated at
ISO 12 or so, and using an f/stop of 45 or even 64.

Overall I am pleased with the result.

Oh and, comments welcome.

Thanks

bill