D-FA 50mm f/1.4 - Good News

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 20:15:09 EDT 2018

Like every other new 50mm lens it will be super corrected. Compare the
size of a current Zeiss, Canon, Nikon, etc., 50mm f1.4 in size and
number of elements and groups and you'll find that they are all about
twice the size, the weight, and quadruple the cost, to eliminate all
optical defects possible in search of ultimate sharpness from wide open
to the smallest diffraction limited aperture.  I should write copy for
these people but I couldn't do it with a straight face.