What makes a photo work in color or black and white

Ken Waller kwaller at peoplepc.com
Mon Mar 19 13:12:50 EDT 2018

It seems to me that color is more suited to nature photography than B+W,
especially with closer more intimate subjects found in nature. The iconic
B+W shots of grand landscapes are sometimes more suited to B+W simply
because of the simple subject, composition and lighting of those images.

I've also attended numerous outdoor workshops and cannot remember any B+W
images in show & tell/critique sessions.

Kenneth Waller