OT: How Smart Phone Photography affects memory

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Fri Mar 30 17:00:04 EDT 2018

Jostein wrote:
> It claims that the very act of obsessing about photographing instead of
> experiencing will diminish the memory of the visited place.
> My thought when I read the article was that people more obsessed by
> collecting crutches for their memories than trusting their ability to
> experience have been around for much longer than phone cameras.

One of the things that I will do is photograph instructors at special
workshops at the dojo. The problem is that when they are done speaking
and it is time to practice what they have taught, I can't remember
anything. Even though I saw and heard everything all of my concentration
went into doing the photography.

--
Larry Colen  lrc at red4est.com (postbox on min4est) http://red4est.com/lrc