OT: Bike Sharing in China

John sessomsj at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 25 13:59:01 EDT 2018

There were some hopeful notes in the short article that preceded the essay.

Bike sharing remains popular & will probably continue at a more sustainable
rate. Cities have moved to regulate the industry.

And looking at the images, they're doing more than just dumping them in great
piles. The images showing those bikes in rows and rows of color suggest to me
that they'll eventually be fed back into the system as demand grows.

And I know there are several charities that take old bikes, refurbish them and
donate them in places where people - adults & children - can really use them for
transportation. Maybe some of those bikes will end up that way.

But mostly I was just attracted to the waves & swirls of color in the photos.