TAV problem

Jack Davis jdavisf8 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 11:31:29 EDT 2018

Help!

I think I know what needs to be done, but would rather tap the vast intellect

of the PDML first..in case.

I've been shooting Tav for some time when chasing the Fall-Spring bird migration.

Yesterday, when I tried to set the K3, I couldn't increase the shutter speed beyond 30.

That had been preceded by a blink of light, either seen or imagined, emitted from the

upper area of the camera back. Reading the manual "pamphlet" has been no help.

Also, any attempt to take a pic results in a lengthy period of waiting for the shutter to close.

Yes, continuous shooting is set, but a time exposure is being attempted.(?)

Am considering contacting Ricoh for help or replacing this K3. In addition to the above

described problem, the auto focus will, at times, fail to hunt when the scene is soft and without contrasty

edges. Don't know how much of a problem that may be, but seems the camera should "hunt"

regardless of the scene. Have missed a few shots due to it's failure to do so.

Anyone?

Thanks much!!