Experience with third-party batteries

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Mon Mar 5 18:05:34 EST 2018

At one point I did a test where every time I'd change batteries I'd take
a photo of the battery I had just replaced. By using the shutter count
I'd have an idea of how many photos I got out of each battery.

In short, on the K-5ii(?) I saw no significant difference in performance
between pentax branded and cheap batteries, and no I don't remember the
brand.  I've noticed that the K-1 uses batteries up a LOT faster.  My
thought is that third party batteries are really cheap and bringing a
couple as spares doesn't add a whole lot of weight in your luggage and
can make life a lot easier if you don't actually charge everything up
the night before, or you lose one.  You don't have to carry everything
with you in your backpack all the time.

--
Larry Colen  lrc at red4est.com (postbox on min4est) http://red4est.com/lrc