Experience with third-party batteries

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 15:02:52 EST 2018

It's used, and they're showing a stock photo.  I wouldn't buy it either.

The issue with lithium rechargeable is that they age from the date of
manufacture.  Charging cycles have much less effect that on other
batteries with other chemistries such as NiHM or NiCad while simple age
will effect them much more.

You really want to get a newly manufactured battery.

On 3/5/2018 10:32 AM, Mark Roberts wrote:
> Have a look at this:
> https://www.lensauthority.com/products/pentax-d-li90-battery
>
> It *says* it's a Pentax battery ("from Pentax") but it doesn't show
> the bottom of the battery where the branding is. The specs given check
> out but the price makes me very suspicious. I'm not trying this one!

     - P.J. O'Rourke