Experience with third-party batteries

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Mon Mar 5 11:08:14 EST 2018

I wouldn't buy that battery unless there is a reliable full-refund return
policy (like with Amazon Prime). As the proverb says: "I am not rich
enough to buy cheap things".
A lot of stores are sloppy with posting specs and photos of their
products, especially small accessories.

Zeikos battery that I bought from Buydig was listed by BuyDig/BeachCamera
as being a 3.7 V battery (as opposed to the OEM rated at 7.2 V) for a long
period of time, even after I've shown them a proof.
I've posted that story back in 2011 on this list:
http://pdml.net/pipermail/pdml_pdml.net/2011-May/277442.html

And that store was considered one of the better once, at least back then.
(I thought it slid down since then, but resellerratings still rates them
at 9.5/10)

Igor