Experience with third-party batteries

Mark Roberts postmaster at robertstech.com
Mon Mar 5 10:09:58 EST 2018

Here's what I've found so far:

Many advise to avoid Wasabi brand batteries.
A few credible recommendations for the German-made Hahnel HL-PL90...
but it doesn't seem to be available in the U.S. I could buy a couple
in London, but after the currency exchange rate they would be barely
cheaper than buying Pentax batteries here.

I have several 3rd-party batteries in my kit and they've all worked
fine, though with slightly less battery life than Pentax OEM
batteries. But they're all fairly old now.

I think the problem is a proliferation of Chinese factories making
cheap knock-offs that are sold under a bewildering variety of brand
names.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com