Experience with third-party batteries

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Mon Mar 5 09:42:46 EST 2018

This is not exactly what you've asked for, - but here is a data point.

In May of 2011, I bought ZE-LI90,
"Zeikos LI-90 2800mAh Replacement Lithium Battery for Pentax K7"
from Buydig:
https://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=ZELI90

It's been long discontinued. I don't know if it indeed had the full 2880
mAh capacity, as I've never measured it. But my impression was that
its capacity was exceeding that of Pentax's original batteries.
However, it didn't last for long: 1. It's capacity fell down to below
acceptable (maybe some 50 shots?) very quickly (within ~1 year?), and one
of the plastic stripes separating the contacts broke at the leading edge
and became a "prong".

The brand "Zeikos" was a niche one, with a few accessories sold under it,
only available from 1-2 stores. I don't remember if Ritz camera carried
something by Zeikos, but the only place that sold Zeikos battery was
Buydig (and its sister store Beach Camera).

Mark, please share your findings if you'd find anything outside of this
list.

Igor