Experience with third-party batteries

Mark Roberts postmaster at robertstech.com
Mon Mar 5 08:50:10 EST 2018

Can anyone recommend options for third-party batteries for Pentax? I'm
specifically referring to the D-Li90 type used in pretty much
everything from the K-7 up to the K-1.

There are a lot of options out there with varying specifications and
user reports vary even more wildly. One resourceful buyer who wrote an
Amazon review actually measured the discharge rate of a so-called
2100mAh battery and found it to be around 1100mAh. Mind you, for less
than $10.00 that would still be an attractive alternative to the
$50.00 Pentax OEM battery if I did all my work in the studio! But when
trekking through Yorkshire on the Pennine Way in May I'd like to get
longer battery life than that; I'm planning on carrying two batteries
- one in the camera and one in my pack - and recharging every night.
I'm not a machine gunner so even with GPS on that should work out if
battery life is reasonable.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com