That's why it's called a PORTRAIT lens - or why my nose looks big.

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Fri Mar 2 22:15:49 EST 2018

Jos,

You are right, optical parameters of a single eye play a role too.
But because the image we "see" is a result of the brain combining the
image from both eyes (if the binocular vision is working alright), -
both play a role.

The distance makes a difference, but when we are finding a lens
that produces an image comparable to what we see, - we are comparing
for the same FOV (which is a combination of the distance and focal length.

This page provides some information on that (although I had expected it
to be a bit more clear):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_lens

Igor