question about zooms and TCs

John Francis johnf at panix.com
Fri Aug 17 01:46:07 EDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 10:49:28AM +0530, Subash Jeyan wrote:
> i had the 1.7x AF TC long back (used with the A*300/4) but as far as i
> remember there was no way to set the focal length manually in the body. of
> course i may remember wrong....

IIRC, when I turned my K10D on with the A* 300/2.8 + 1.7x AF TC mounted it
automatically asked me to enter the focal length. (500, in that case).

In fact the K10D will always ask you for the focal length (assuming SR is on)
if you mount a lens that doesn't have the digital signal pin (i.e. a KA-mount
or older lens).  I'm pretty sure the K-5 does the same thing, too, but I don't
generally use it with non-auto-focul lenses.