OT: Life's little aggravations

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 14:37:24 EDT 2018

If you've got a dumb phone I can't help you, but if you have a smart
phone, you can download a call blocker, there are free versions which
aren't too intrusive, which will restore your peace.

In fact depending on your carrier, they may offer a call blocker, it
might even be a free service, even for a dumb phone.

I used to have that feature on a couple of different dumb phones, and
the music on hold option, which the Samsung pseudo Crackberry offered
made me smile, didn't cost any airtime but put the unwanted caller on
hold with horrible electronic music. Probably didn't bother the machines
much but the actual humans were probably very annoyed...

On 8/10/2018 12:57 PM, John Sessoms wrote:
> *NOW* I've started receiving robo-calls on my cellphone from someone
> who wants to help me with my "delinquent federal student loans".
>
> Press 1 to speak to a representative, Press 9 to decline and be removed.
>
> I've never had any student loans, delinquent or otherwise. And I ain't
> pressing no numbers; learned long ago that's no use whatsoever.
>
> Thank you for your patience. /rant

     - P.J. O'Rourke