Time lapse

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Thu Aug 17 19:38:16 EDT 2017

Darren Addy wrote:
> I would think that bracketing should be pretty unnecessary/irrelevant
> if shooting through a solar filter.

Exactly.

> However, for the unfiltered photography of the corona during totality,
> bracketing is essential.

Very likely.

> I'm planning on two separate cameras for that.

My plan exactly.  I don't think I'm going to try to get 1 FPS for the
whole event, but I'd like it for totality and just before and after.

My plan is to have the K-3ii on a tripod with bigma (500mm) and astrozap
filter.  I won't put on a 2x, both for IQ and because I'll have more
latitude in making sure that the sun stays in the frame.

I'll be using my K-1 for landscape etc. shots during totality.

Larry Colen  lrc at red4est.com (postbox on min4est) http://red4est.com/lrc