OT: Weird e-mail behavior

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Wed Aug 16 22:52:55 EDT 2017

... in translation from French to Russian.
19th century Russian aristocracy was speaking French!

(E.g. a large portion of World and Peace by L. Tolstoy is written in
French [even when published in Russian, -- with pages and pages of
footnotes with the translation to Russian])

Cheers,

Igor

Stanley Halpin Wed, 16 Aug 2017 11:59:55 -0700 wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 2:19 PM, Bob W-PDML wrote:
>
> It's the holiday period. My guess is that the people who read all the emails
> to see whether or not they're junk are sitting in deck chairs on a beach
> somewhere, reading 19th-century Russian novels in translation.

In translation!?! Shirley, you jest.

stan