Inexpensive Pentax AC adapter

P. J. Alling webstertwentysix at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 22:17:32 EDT 2017

Assuming the Voltage regulator's failure mode is automatic cutoff, it
should work fine.  If it's failure mode is surge, there might be problems.

I've looked at the HQRP a couple of times but always held back on a
purchase, because, while, the Pentax OEM is definitely over priced, the
price for the HQRP seems to be too good to be true.

On 8/8/2017 12:00 PM, Darren Addy wrote:
> I've never had a Pentax AC adapter before, but want to get into doing
> some time lapse work and don't want battery life to be an issue.
>
> The official Pentax model is horrifically overpriced, IMHO:
> https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1008376-REG/pentax_38780_k_ac132_ac_adapter_kit.html
>
> So I was happy to trip across this one and thought I would pass it
> along, in the event that anyone else is looking for one.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RGSSTIO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>
> Darren Addy
> Kearney, NE

     - P.J. O'Rourke