OT: For the running fans

Alan C cole at lantic.net
Fri Aug 11 08:53:18 EDT 2017

My Club (Phalaborwa Road Runners) currently supports 6 Development Runners
who all come from underprivileged backgrounds. To be accepted into the
development programme, the men must run 8km in under 32min & the ladies in
under 36min. We then cover their expenses & provide kit but they must
regularly attend Club Time Trials & represent the Club in Provincial Races.
On Wed 09/08 we organised the annual Maroela-to-Maroela 10km (a smallish
local race) in which all 6 participated. 1482 was 1st overall (32:06) and
1481 the 1st Junior Lady. The others all placed well. We are greatly
encouraged & hoping to soon fill our budget of 10. Here is a 'phone image
taken by one of out members:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/wisselstroom/36103187760/

Alan C

---