PESO - Lakeside

ann sanfedele annsan at nyc.rr.com
Tue Nov 29 20:54:27 EST 2016

BRuce - do read Bob W's comments on thsi thread... if you are replying
to me not having read all the other back and forths especially

It is a totally different thing take photos of anyone of any shape and
size when they know you are photographing them...

I imagine too that the woman on the left would not be pleased as she
looks rather unhappy... Whehter or not that particular young woman in
the center is comfrotable in hew own skin, she is in an awkward pose,
and she is eating , of all things, an apple... it's stuffed in her
mouth.. bring anything to mind?Someone of her dimensions wearing tights
is not the best fashion choice either..

I think with street photography it is better to keep more of a distance
from your subjects - rather than the in your face weegee approach... The
apparent

closeness of Marco to his subjects - that is, in distance, with the
woman with the apple in the center , there would really be no point to
taking the photo at all if you as the photographer had no opinion about
her. It is complicated, but the photo makes me cringe, and I can't shake
that.

I wrote a bit about some personal stuff to Marco off list that figures
into my gut reaction...

I'm not obese, and considering my age, I dont' think I look too awful,
but I would not want to see a photo of myself with food in my mouth, or
at a clumsy angle or if I were angry or sad...  unless I was on stage,
of course!

can't help it, that's me

ann