Well this bloody well sux.

Malcolm Smith rrvelar at virginmedia.com
Fri Nov 11 16:50:40 EST 2016

John wrote:

I've been doing some repairs around here & last night I slipped with a wood
chisel & put a deep laceration through the end of my left thumb; split the
nail in half. Stopped the bleeding & bandaged it myself last night, but I
had to get a tetanus shot, and of course the local VA clinic is closed
today.

I just got home from 4 hours in the emergency room over at the Durham VA
Hospital. Three and a half hour wait for a half hour treatment, but I'm not
fussed. I expected I'd be low priority, so I took along a book to read while
I waited.

Turned out I got a Tetanus booster in 2013, so I didn't need to get the shot
after all. They did re-bandage it quite nicely.

Nasty, glad it got bandaged well at least from the wait. 3.5 hours is good;
our last treatment in the local hospital was a few mins under 12 hours from
arrival to departure. (including arrival by ambulance).

Malcolm