Sony a7ii puts the squeeze on a possible Pentax FF

Mark Roberts postmaster at robertstech.com
Thu Nov 27 10:16:10 EST 2014

Darren Addy wrote:

>By now you have probably seen the Sony announcement for the 24.3 MP
>a7ii full frame with in-body 5-axis image stabilization. This camera
>is has specs that are pretty close to what I expected from a first
>Pentax FF camera, and I think the most surprising thing about it the
>price of $1698 for the body only.

Given that Sony previously offered a full frame DSLR with massive
pentaprism viewfinder for under two grand (the A850), $1700 for a
mirrorless doesn't seem that surprising. I'll bet their profit margin
on the mirrorless is greater than it was on the A850.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com