Dad, 1943

Igor PDML-StR pdmlstr at komkon.org
Wed Nov 12 13:50:22 EST 2014

Paul,
Thank you for sharing this photo!
Very nice photo with a character coming through.

What is interesting to me is that it is also rather representative of
that epoch. I immediately thought that it reminded me of a famous
in the former Soviet Union movie "Two soldiers" with a very popular
Russian actor Mark Bernes. As I just verified it was produced in 1942-1943
and released in 1943.

While there were views that (at least in my memory) would be even more
close to the photo of your dad, here is a photo of Mark Bernes in that
role (it might be even a frame from the movie) that illustrates what
I am talking about:
http://mtdata.ru/u1/photoD42B/20857517004-0/original.jpg
It is not the facial similarities (although there are some), but the
overall style.

Regards,

Igor