SSD benchmark

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Sat Aug 31 14:50:46 EDT 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 02:01:40PM -0400, Bruce Walker wrote:
> Larry, are you absolutely sure it can't be upgraded? Your specs "24"
> iMac, 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 6GB ram" sound _exactly_ like mine (except
> mine's a 20") and I'm happily running 10.8.4. The key thing is you
> need at least a Core 2 CPU.

Interesting.  When I first looked It said something like you needed
one from late 2008 or newer, and mine was from 2007. I forget the exact
dates, but that mine was from just before the cutoff.  Now, it looks
like it might actually work on mine.

> To open it up you need two small suction cups (dollar store) and a
> couple of Torx drivers (T8, T6). And about 3 hours spare. :-) You also
> need a way to attach the HDD externally later after you install the OS
> and need to copy your old account and apps back into the SSD. That
> copy will run overnight (at least 8 hours).

Yup, I ran into that with the macbook, it took something like four hours
to transfer the contents.