PESOs Juvenile Great Blue Heron

Paul Stenquist pnstenquist at comcast.net
Mon Aug 5 12:34:50 EDT 2013

A good guess, Ann, but the Bittern has brown wings and no crown of feathers -- as far as I can tell. And I did follow the bird that I shot in flight. I'm sure he landed in the water. I was convinced at first that this was a different bird, but after looking at some pics of juvenile herons on the Audubon pages, I think this is the same bird. Could b wrong of course.