OT: Ritz/Wolf camera chain going out of business, liquidation starting now

John Celio neo.venator.com+pdml at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 23:09:31 EDT 2012

Ritz Camera (big US camera retail chain) is finally dead:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-10/ritz-camera-liquidation-approved-after-second-bankruptcy.html

I will not miss them at all. Terrible stores, terrible selection,
poorly-trained staff, etc.

Hopefully local mom-&-pop camera shops will be able to return one day,
when the economy improves, now that this behemoth is out of the way.

If you're a deal hunter, people on Reddit.com are saying Ritz and Wolf
stores are already liquidating everything (except their lab
equipment). I don't recall ever seeing much Pentax stuff there, but
you might find deals on accessories.

John