OT The 15 most expensive photos sold

Christine Aguila christine at caguila.com
Fri May 20 01:40:59 EDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce Walker" <bruce.walker at gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml at pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:14 PM
Subject: OT The 15 most expensive photos sold

> The presentation's not good (it's a typical sensationalist site), but
> never mind that ...
>
> http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-15-most-expensive-pictures-ever-taken
>
> Clearly the name attached to the shot, not the content, is what sets the
> price.

I partially agree--a photographic print with more interesting or popular or
noteworthy or signature or historical content by any of these great
photographers *could* go for more money then some of the pictures posted
here.  Some photographic prints by a single photographer are more acclaimed
than others--and I think they would go for more money than lesser acclaimed
prints.  Cheers, Christine