GESO- Natchez Trace Parkway , The Birdsong Hollow Bridge, , TN and Saturday

John Sessoms jsessoms002 at nc.rr.com
Mon Feb 21 11:14:39 EST 2011

From: Larry Colen
> On Feb 20, 2011, at 7:13 PM, Jeffery Johnson wrote:
>
>> > We took a trip on the Natchez Trace Parkway to the Birdsong Hollow Bridge
>> > this afternoon.
>> >
>> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/jt-johnson/sets/72157626098823882/
>> >
>> > I also wondered around off and on Saturday just around outside the house and
>> > took some pictures. You can find them by directly viewing my Flickr page as
>> > I added the different photos to their appropriate set.
> Is this the Natchez mentioned in the songs?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhythm_Club_fire

The Natchez Trace Parkway is a scenic highway managed by the National
Park Service similar to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

It extends from just south of Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS. It's one of
the oldest "roads" in the United States. The route is a pre-colonial
trade path for the Choctaw & Natchez peoples that became a major
wilderness road for European settlers in the early 19th century.

-----
No virus found in this message.