PESOs: Winter Grazing

Walt Gilbert ldotters at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 11:02:08 EST 2011

On 12/26/2011 1:25 AM, Brian Walters wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 24, 2011, at 06:46 PM, Walt Gilbert wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I hope everyone's having a great holiday season in the event you partake
>> of such things.  I got out and took a few photos today for the first
>> time in quite a while.  The weather has been either inhospitable, or
>> I've been up to my eyeballs in doing stuff.
>>
>> Anyway, here's a couple of horse shots I grabbed today with the K-x and
>> K 50/1.4.  I didn't take many as there was a pretty chilly wind and I
>> didn't dress well for the conditions.  I just happened to spot the
>> horses out in the field across the street when I walked by the window
>> and thought it would be a good opportunity to knock some dust off the
>> shutter.
>>
>> http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157628555567249/
>>
>> Comments and suggestions are appreciated.  In the meantime, enjoy the
>> holidays!
>
> Same to you Walt.
>
> I like the colour in the first one, especially that rusty grass.
Thanks, Brian.  The color of the grass was what I liked about it, too.

> The rendering of the second gives an attractive tonal range but I think
> it's cropped a bit tight on the right.
I had the exact same concern and wondered if there might be a better way
to crop it. Unfortunately, that's all the room I have on the right side
of the image.  I'll have another go at experimenting with it and see if
there's anything I can do with it.

Thanks for the input!

-- Walt