Foul Mood & other whatnot

Christine Aguila caguila at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 23:19:07 EDT 2010

I've been in an utterly foul mood all day today because of a fall I took
during last night's theater shoot.  There was no serious injury, but I still
acutely feel last night's moment of humiliation as I write this.  This is
the 2nd fall I've experienced while doing photography, the 1st being a
stumble on some cracked sidewalk while out on a photowalk shortly before our
holiday to San Diego this past June--gosh, I racked my knee on that one.

Accidents happen, I get that.  I'd like to do more professional photo ops
for money, but if I don't get my balance, coordination, and weight back in
line, my photographer's moniker is going to end up being *Miss Tumbleweed.*
While it may surprise those who've met me recently, I once was fairly
athletic--not a star athlete of any kind, mind you-- but I had solid
hand-eye coordination, balance, strength, and fitness.  Well, that's all
gone to pot lately, and this is a big problem because of the athleticism
involved when doing photography, which I very much enjoy--and would enjoy
even more if I wasn't so out of shape.

I need to change some habits--less time at the computer and much more
physical activity of the calisthenics and exercise variety--not my favorite
kind, but . . .  So, if I'm not around on list for a while, you'll know why.

Anyway, about the PDML Exhibition wrap up:  A few PDMLers have emailed me
about not hearing back from Sue.  I've recently talked to her, and she
admits to being behind sked, but as her original email states, she wants to
close out shipping of prints etc by the end of August, so folks should keep
that in mind.  If Sue hasn't gotten back to you, she will, and it's best to
keep sending her emails than me.

For Ted:  I haven't gotten to the post office yet, but I will for sure next
week.

If anything important comes up, I can be reached via email off list.  No
problem.

Cheers, Christine