Theater Shoot--White Balance Check

Christine Aguila caguila at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 31 20:21:14 EDT 2010

Thanks, Stan & everyone else.  The contact sheets have dried-down now for a
few hours, and I had a look at them on my back porch in open shade, and they
look less red than earlier, but I think I will decrease saturation just a
tiny bit as suggested by Cotty and Stan.  The client will get a total of 64
photos--I've already made my picks and cropped etc .  I can use the sync
tool to do the minor decrease in saturation--it will go quick.  I just tried
the eyedropper on a few and the result is too blue; I don't think the client
will want it that blue.

Just a big thanks for this and all the earlier feedback.  Cotty, I really
had your earlier advice in my noodle when shooting, so big thanks there.
Much appreciated.  Ann, you were right about the actors.  Charles, I
requested the light guy hang around for last nights  shoot (as you
suggested) and got the ok from the director.  Then last night when I asked
for the lights to be turned up a bit as we were about to begin, the set
design guy threw a fit, but I was able to get them up a bit anyway.   Chris,
I took notes and the director took notes--between the two of us we got good
coverage of the play.

Amazingly, I never used the tripod.  I just couldn't seem to make it work so
that I could work fast.  The director wanted the shoot done in an hour, and
we were done in about 1 hour and 15 minutes.   I just had to hold her
steady, focus, and concentrate.  I was absolutely soaked after the
shoot--just drenched--mainly because I was so nervous--more about that under
separate cover, as they say.  Thanks again, everyone, Big cheers, Christine