electronic level (and an apparently-undocumented feature) in K7

Charles Robinson charlesr at visi.com
Sat Jul 31 15:04:35 EDT 2010

I noticed today that if I pushed "info" twice (or is it three times?) while in shooting mode, the entire rear display switches to an electronic level, complete with a sort of "artificial horizon" display.  Neato.

Unfortunately, this made it VERY easy for me to set the camera on top of a spirit level and visually confirm that my K7's level is actually off by about half a bubble.  :-(

It doesn't look like it can be calibrated/adjusted, so now I get to turn OFF the level display, or train my brain to always show the display "a half-bubble off level" when I want the camera to actually be level.

So... it was kinda neato to discover that feature, and kind of a bummer what it shows me.

 -Charles

Charles Robinson - charlesr at visi.com
Minneapolis, MN
http://charles.robinsontwins.org