k10d help

Luka Knezevic-Strika lukastrika at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 12:35:18 EDT 2010

it seems my k10d died on me today. but perhaps some of you can help diagnose it.
so, after a normal shot, the mirror just stayed up (the curtain closed).
the camera works normal otherwise (albeit slow) - you can review the
photos and set things in menus

you cannot shoot obviously, and you here the sound from the camera
that sounds a little as a focusing sound from a 16-50 2.8 lens crossed
with the regular sensor cleaning at power-up routine (which also works
normally)

any ideas? i'm guessing that the shutter died (it is well over 50k
anyway), but i'm hoping it could be something with the mirror, that
could be fixed more easily, perhaps by a non-pentax service (we don't
have one in serbia)

thanks for any ideas,
luka