OT Interesting pair of books

Bob W pdml at web-options.com
Fri Jul 30 18:25:01 EDT 2010

[...]
> My sister and brother-in-law drove from Chicago to DC last summer with his
> dad, a WWII Marine vet.  They went to visit the memorial and were greeted
> by a younger woman who asked grandpa if he was a WWII vet, and then
> thanked him for his service.  He said it was the first time he had ever
been
> thanked for serving.  (It brought tears to my brother-in-law's eyes.)

I think one could easily make the case that his generation was the finest in
human history, and that their service and sacrifice, whether they were in a
combat role,  a supporting role, or a civilian role, safeguarded
civilisation for the rest of us. They deserve the thanks of the whole world
for generations to come.

Bob