Slide copier for Pentax

Godfrey DiGiorgi gdigiorgi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:09:08 EDT 2010

What I was saying was not so much a series of statements leading to a
conclusion as a summary of my use and insight into using scanners.
Information, discussion perhaps, not really argument in this literal
sense.

Argument, when used in the context of talking about a discussion,
nearly always connotates some element of debate or persuasion. You
didn't have to mean to imply that, it's the common use of the word
that does. That's why it seemed odd to refer to my statements as my
'argument': I wasn't providing points of logic leading to a conclusion
or debating against some hypothesis I disagreed with.

On Wednesday, July 28, 2010, Boris Liberman <boris71 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/27/2010 8:16 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>
> I didn't think it was an argument, Boris. Just information.
>

> From Merriam Webster on the web:
>
> argument: a coherent series of statements leading from a premise to a conclusion.
>
> I used "argument" as a synonym to "reasoning"... In no way did I imply an argument as in: "a reason given in proof or rebuttal" or in " discourse intended to persuade". All quotes of course are from the same Merriam Webster page.
>
> The more English language I know/learn the more increasingly difficult it becomes to use it.
>
> Boris

Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com