Enablement (Sigma EX 24-60/2.8 DG)

Boris Liberman boris71 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 01:02:06 EDT 2010

On 7/29/2010 5:38 AM, paul stenquist wrote:
> Neither lens is wide enough for a classroom shot, if you want to
> cover at least half the room. You'd need the 12-24 for full
> coverage. Paul

Paul, I am speaking from experience and very particular need. I do
believe that 24 mm on wide end will be enough for that very purpose.
You're in principle right but I don't have a flash to cover 16 mm EFOV
and kids are really fast, you know. I might be better off with Tammy
17-50/2.8 or something similar but I'd like to give this Sigma lens a
fair chance. For outdoors shoots (such as class trips to zoo) Pentax FA
24-90/3.5-4.5 should prove just perfect. Anyways, I am not a zoom kind
of person, so that these zoom lenses are for very specific purpose.

I had a period of time when I shoot almost exclusively with Tamron
(hence the 5,000+ shots in my collection that I made with it), but it
passed. Although of course when I go on a shoot with Galia's class, I
bring in several hundreds shots, so that the figure grows steadily and
surely.

Other than that, my by far most used and most favorite lens is A 50/1.2.

Boris