PESO - Abstract in Black and Gold

Brian Walters supera1000 at
Wed Jul 28 22:45:22 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 16:00 +0100, "Bob W" <pdml at> wrote:
> > G'day all
> >
> > A shot from my recent trip to Noosa on Queensland's Sunshine Coast.  I
> came
> > across this creek with black deposits in the rippled sand beneath the
> tannin
> > coloured water.
> >

> you make it sound like a smoker's fingers.

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:16 +1000, "John Coyle" <jcoyle at>
> Nice one Brian - there is a similar effect on Stradbroke Island (just an
> hour from Brisbane by ferry), where there is a lake with copper-coloured
> water on almost white sand: not pollution, just naturally occurring
> minerals.

This was taken on Sunshine Beach just south of Noosa and there's quite a
bit of urbanisation upstream.  I think the tannin-coloured water is
natural but not sure about the black deposits.

Thanks to all who looked and/or commented.  Much appreciated.

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

-- - mmm... Fastmail...