A measure of progress

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com
Wed Jul 28 15:45:37 EDT 2010

In retrospect, I should have waited until today to send the K20 in for repair.  Last night a friend was celebrating his 18th birthday at a local blues jam. I had heard that Chris Cain was going to show up, so I kitted myself with both my K100d super, and the K-x.   I put the FA77 on the K100 and the 16-50 on the K-x. The difference in the two entry level Pentaxes, side by side, is very noticeable.
The focusing indicators in the K100 are a huge win, and I like the feel of the K100 a little bit better. Other than that the K-x is improved in almost every way. I had forgotten how annoying the small K100 buffer was. And the K-x might be cleaner at 6400 than the K100 is at 800. In the lighting last night, the K100 pictures were noticeably less sharp than the K-x, but that could have a lot to do with depth of field and shutter speed.
It would be interesting to do some more comparison, because it almost seems as if pictures from the K-x are a tiny bit harsher than those from the K100, but I've got no way to explain that.

Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com sent from i4est