PESO: Basketball Reject

frank theriault knarftheriault at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 15:04:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM,  <phil at philnortheast.com> wrote:

> I like to go to our local team's home games and of course I take my camera.
>
> The fast action is difficult to foillow with the camera, even thouigh I
> played the game for many years.  But with much practice I think I am
> starting to get the hang of photographing the games.
>
> http://philnortheast.com/aviewfinderdarkly/general/potw/basketballreject.htm
>
> K10D DA*50-135mm  1/250  @ f3.5   ISO 1600 (on auto).
>
> The Noise Ninja plugin in Bibble5 reduced the noise considerably

That's at f3.5?  I would have thought that the crowd and background
would be much more OOF at that aperture.  In fact, that's my only
teeny quibble with this one:  I'd prefer a bit more blur of the
background, just to "snap" the players into even sharper (apparent)
focus.

But as I said, just a minor nit;  it's a terrific action photo!

cheers,
frank

--
"Sharpness is a bourgeois concept."  -Henri Cartier-Bresson