Slide copier for Pentax

Doug Franklin jehosephat at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 28 08:30:58 EDT 2010

On 2010-07-28 5:41, Boris Liberman wrote:

> I used "argument" as a synonym to "reasoning"... In no way did I imply
> an argument as in: "a reason given in proof or rebuttal" or in "
> discourse intended to persuade". All quotes of course are from the same
> Merriam Webster page.
>
> The more English language I know/learn the more increasingly difficult
> it becomes to use it.

That's a perfectly valid use of the word argument, Boris, but many
Americans would use the word discussion, or maybe something else.  At
least in the US, the word "argument" has overtones of disagreement,
though it really shouldn't, based on historical usage.  I'm not sure how
that fits with usage in the UK.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)