GESO: Fireworks

Toralf Lund toralf at toralf.net
Mon Jul 26 16:10:00 EDT 2010

Charles Robinson wrote:
> I had a few minutes downtown on Saturday night to watch a little bit of a fireworks display
>
> I always take a camera to fireworks and I always hate the results.
>
> This time I figured out how to retain the color in the bursts (low ISO, small aperture) so I got a few more interesting shots than I usually have in the past.
Yes, perhaps part of the secret is to stop down and reduce the
sensitivity so much that the fireworks fully control the exposure of the
sky, so as to speak.
>   Not earth-shatteringly wonderful, but there are some pleasing colors in a few of them.
>
> http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2010/aquatennial_fireworks/index.html

I like them. As fireworks shots go, I think the two last are the best.
No 6 is in a way more interesting, but the fireworks could have been
centered a bit better, and maybe a bit too much of the "trails" are
included... I also rather like the way the colours of the bridge are
reflected in the water in some of the other images, though.

- Toralf