Managing image files

Boris Liberman boris71 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 07:27:34 EDT 2010

On 7/12/2010 6:40 PM, Eric Weir wrote:
> I'd appreciate any advice folks here might have on what I gather is
> called "work flow." My limited experience managing film images on a
> computer has not generated a comfortable way of working. I have a
> MacBook, and I can definitely say I'm not real comfortable with
> iPhoto. At this point I find it very confusing. I'd like to have a
> way of sorting through images, naming them where appropriate, and
> categorizing and filing them before I turn them over to iPhoto or its
> ilk.

Eric, although I use Windows, it would still apply to you. Let me just
add one more voice to those who recommended you use LightRoom. It is
extremely well done piece of software. Not without quirks, but it is
really convenient.

I bought mine when it first came out, upgraded from 1.x to 2.x and
recently to 3.0. Happy ever since.

I don't do much of pixel level editing, except, may be, removing of
sensor dust with heal brush. So LR fits my purpose just like I glove.

You can download it and give it a fair try for free for a month or so as
far as I understand. And it has both Win and Mac versions so that you
can probably try it on your MacBook.

HTH.

Boris